Monday, November 1, 2010

Taxes Suck

That's right I said it!
I wanna give the bird to the IRS and those crazies in Washington (and Salem too) who think that raising taxes is a good idea - even in this kind of economy.

Hey - it's about time to wake up & understand how it really hits the every day person!  Let me just tell you a little of my story from this month.  I work on salary basis, but have the opportunity for bonus each month.  Primarily stemming from working my arse off on working the short sales in our office.  My boss is very generous to offer a bonus for working these files - as they often take months of hounding banks to get them to work with us & approve the short sale.   I also have the blessing of receiving other opportunities for bonuses - again for which I work my butt off.
Now I about killed myself on about 3 files this month of our 7 closings - anticipating my paycheck to be about double what it normally is(base + bonus).  But nooooo....good ol' Uncle Sam took about 40% of that right off the top.  Rather than keeping more money in my hands to then circulate within my local economy, it goes right out the window, never to be seen again.  Where's the sense in that?
Don't get me wrong, I do not subscribe to the notion that having zero taxes is possible - there are things that need to be funded, but my goodness - let's live in reality and basic economics.  When the economy is down, raising taxes and taking more money from every day people will just worsen an already slumped economy.  It's pretty simple - when people have less money, they are less likely to spend that money on things other than essentials (food, utilities, mortgage, gas).
Argh....

One of those fun things you have to deal with when you're an adult!  But even in this situation I am thankful for being responsible, being married to a man who is also responsible & is also just as focused on us being debt free - so we'll continue to live like no one else so that later we can live like no one else (Thanks DR!)!

We're on our way
<3

2 comments:

  1. Ughghhghg I hate taxes too. Did you know the US and one other tiny country are the only ones to charge income tax on residents living abroad!? That means we have to pay the us even though we are living in switzerland. it's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craziness I tell you...pure craziness! And still the government spends like drunken sailors.

    ReplyDelete