Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Days of Gratitude.. #1 & #2

We are now officially in the season of gratitude, thanksgiving, generosity, and love.  The holidays are going to be in our laps in no time, and I've been looking back at my postings.  And glaring thing jumped out at me, God somewhat hit me in the face with it actually.

No matter what is going on around me I do in fact have a lot to be thankful for.  And I was inspired by Becca at life in technicolor who's doing a 25 day challenge of things she's thankful for.  It's a good reminder and good practice to seek & acknowledge even the smallest of things to be grateful for.  I'm dubbing it "Days of Gratitude" - a small departure from the title Becca gave it ("25 Days of Giving Thanks).  I don't think she'll mind :)
So I'm one day behind...but I'll do two items today, so I'm caught up!

#1- Grateful for: My Husband

Isaac is really one of the most kind & understanding people that I have ever met. Here's a short list of the qualities I love most about him:
Patient
Loving
Incredibly Hardworking
Family oriented
Respectful
Fun
Loves to make people laugh
Amazing Musician...hand him an instrument and he'll sing you to sleep!
Dreamer
Loves kids
He makes me so proud to be married to him...I know there are big things in store for him, and I can't wait to see how everything comes together for us! 

#2: Like Minded Decision Making
Because I'm doing #1 & #2 together - I thought they should be tied together as well.  So I am grateful for the fact that Isaac and I generally approach decision making from the same or similar place.  Which in turn makes me so thankful for the time that we spent seeking the Lord as we prepared for our marriage.  We took the time to stop and really investigate our hopes, ideals, and boundaries for shaping & protecting our marriage.
Whether it's money, how we spend our time, to even shopping for groceries -- we involve the other.
Sure it may not be like this all the time or forever...but for now I am thankful for it, and like any other piece of marriage, you have to practice it daily.


So until Thanksgiving...I'll continue my Days of Gratitude!  Join in - it's good for the soul!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment