Saturday, November 20, 2010

Days of Gratitude - Day 20

Hanging out with my niece & her friends...having fun and talking about Jesus

I've been leading WyldLife (YoungLife for middle schoolers) for the last year or so, and it's really fun.  Admittedly it's hard a lot of the time, because it can be scary hanging out with middle schoolers.  I had stopped leading YoungLife for a few years and only got back involved with Wyldlife when my niece was a 6th grader.
I'm mostly excited that I can hang out with my niece and her friends, and earn the right to share with them the beautiful story of God, Christ & his sacrifice, and how that has changed my life.
I think the biggest piece that excites me is the fact that my little niece could be the catalyst in her family - to start the trend toward accepting Christ and following God's will. It's just awesome that God is giving me the chance to be a part of that. Love it.

Sorry if that's random, and likely doesn't make a whole bunch of sense, but it's exciting.  And if you have no idea what WyldLife is...go to a club, check it out.  There are kids in your community that are starving for adults who love them, take time to know them, and share the love of Christ with them.  They're searching and open - go check it out!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment