Sunday, November 21, 2010

Days of Gratitude - Day 21

I am grateful for Isaac's drive & humility


Friday night brought a nail biter of a victory for Isaac's football team.  It was a tough fought game and the football team played their hearts out.  Thus I am brought to what I'm thankful for.  


Even in spite of many fans' frustrations or personal thoughts of how Isaac had run the offense, Isaac had a plan of attack and the will and determination to run that plan.  And when all was said & done, they were successful.  The defense had their best showing of the season, and Isaac's offensive line, running backs, QB, & receivers tried their very best and came away with the victory.  With that victory (South's 1st appearance in the quarterfinals in 19 years) Isaac continues to to show one of the reasons why I love him so.  He is so humble.  Some coaches would take that feather, put it in their cap and talk about it all night and about how good they were that night.  But I was and am so proud of him, Isaac's focus is his kids and how they pulled it together and pulled out the win.  I am in awe of his humility.  His immediate response is to be thankful for the victory, and to move on to strategizing about their next opponent.  


And I'm also thankful for a quiet house on a drizzly Sunday afternoon.  PS - there's no snow here at my house, even though many are boasting about how much snow is dropping where they live.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment