Monday, November 22, 2010

Hawaiians

I love my Hawaiian...I love Hawaiians in general.  I love their culture. I love their music. I love their land.  I love their history.  I love their story, and how they talk story. :)

I love that I have married in to such a full, colorful, and deep culture.  I'm on the hunt during my next trip to Hawaii to grab some more literature to read thru on the history and culture.  It's so interesting to me.  And I really can't wait for our children to be able to experience being a part of that culture as well.  Oh don't worry, I'll still expose them to the greatness of their Scottish & Norwegian roots.  But I love that both my background & Isaac's are heavy laden with sea faring adventurers (Vikings + Hawaiians).  I joke with him when we find little things like these connections that we were "meant to be."

 'Iolani Palace - circa 1882
America's only royal palace.

I can not wait to get to Hawaii in a couple of weeks - I am so looking forward to it.
Hope everyone is having a great day!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment