Sunday, November 14, 2010

Days of Gratitude - Day 14

My Parents

Today I am thankful for my parents - as a unit.  Yes I know I've referenced them a few times of the past two weeks.  But today is special...today is unique.
Today is my parents' 30th Anniversary.
And that is why I am thankful.  My parents have stayed together, thru thick & thin, thru good times & bad, stayed together when all others seemed to be divorcing around them because it was convenient.  Growing up I don't think I quite realized what a gift it was to have parents who stayed together.  But now I have an extremely clear picture of what a blessing it was & is.

My parents aren't perfect by any means - and there were definitely some very challenging times in our household.  But the notion of divorce was never an option for the two of them.  Both my parents had failed marriages before they got married - and they were/are determined to make it work for the long haul.

They are different from one another -- so different in fact, that some might wonder how in deed they ever actually did get together.  But their differences are what make them work so perfectly.  My mom can get too serious, and my dad's goofiness brings her back down.  My dad can get caught up in silly things & my mom will whip him in to shape.

So today...I am thankful for my parents & their 30th Anniversary!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment