Friday, November 5, 2010

Days of Gratitude - Day 5

Today I am thankful for wonderful mentors.

I have been blessed with being able to meet with 3 women over the course of my life that & guided me thru so many  events.
#1: My mom -- easy enough.  She's one of the smartest people I have, and likely will ever know in my lifetime.  She speaks truth and has an incredible talent of always being aware of the big picture.
#2: Debbie -- she would host our weekly Young Life dinners, and started letting me come over before hand to visit & talk about life.  Debbie is probably one of the few people who can look at me and know when I'm BS'ing (I have a good talent of covering it up...) and always directing me to the Lord.  She challenges me to always seek the Lord in all things, to be aware of how Satan is trying to attack & exploit me, and to always lean not on my own understanding - but to trust in Christ thru all things.
#3: Julie -- I asked her to be my mentor when I was a sophomore in college.  She is much different than the previous two.  She is more gentle and soft spoken - she challenged me in a different way than my mom & Debbie. She brought out the softer side of me, encouraged me be honest, be real, and be vulnerable with the more soft pieces of me.  She encouraged me in my wait for my husband, encouraged me in my relationship with Isaac and gave so much praise when we got engaged.  She was & is a soft place for me to this day - and I just love her.
And I asked her to share a prayer for Isaac & I at our wedding - to which I was so thankful at the heartfelt words she ushered to heaven on our behalf.


So grateful for these women - I hope to be half the woman that each of them are.
<3

1 comment: