Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gran

Hey Friends... 
Can you say a quick prayer for my Gran -- she's been having some trouble breathing the last couple of weeks, and the doctors have recommended she have open heart surgery.
This morning brings about an angio-gram to see exactly where her blockage is, and then likely have surgery tonight or tomorrow morning to replace a calcified valve.

My Gran's a tough ol' bird and has never really had any kind of major surgery - let alone stay in a hospital (she's a total home body, self reliant kind of lady).  None the less, it's still a bit nerve wracking.  But I promised my mom I wouldn't partake in any of the unnecessary drama. 
I know our God is in control & it's His plan to play things out as He sees fit....even if no one else in my family, Gran included, understands that.

Pray for healing, pray for the wisdom & knowledge & gentle hands of the surgeons, Pray for my family that perhaps in the midst of all of this God will shine thru to each of them, and pray for my mom as she is taking on the problem solver role like usual.  

Thanks friends!
<3

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I hope she will be ok...I will keep her in my thoughts..
    Kisses, darling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will send warm thoughts her way :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your gran. I hope she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, your family, and your gran. I hope she feels better soon and that everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete