Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wee Bit Wed & my Life

You can't go wrong with Leigh Ashley'sWee Bit Wednesday series!
So link up & play along! :)
{one} what was your first job?
sorting real estate postcards for my mom -- $50

{two} have you ever seen a stand up comedian?
sadly never in person, would love to see daniel tosh...frickin hilarious

{three} when was the last time you played mini golf?
honestly, probably right before my wedding...I was trying to win over my little cousin

{four} what was the last picture you took?
of the band Fiji at the concert on Friday...we're talking Hawaiians for DAYSSSSS
{five} burnt food: yes or no?
slightly burnt brownies or cookies, yes.  otherwise no
{six} if you have a pocket full of change, what do you do with it?
put it in the change cups at home in our office. i'm convinced we have like $100 there

{seven} can you touch your tongue to your nose?
barely

{eight} do you scrapbook?
no...i'm not crafty like that

{nine} do you buy lottery tickets?
no...i often get them as white elephant or birthday gifts though at Christmas

{ten} do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind it?
i honestly don't think i have a preference either way...

Confession...I have been in the desert lately.  Not the literal desert, but the spiritual desert.  Looking back over the last 2-3 months I've been leaving out the most significant piece of my life; my Lord. 
No wonder I've been in a valley.  No wonder I've felt overwhelmed.  No wonder I've been anxious & irritable.  Where have I been putting my trust and  reliance?  In the most unreliable of places....myself.  How silly, how arrogant, how illogical.
I was inspired by my friend Beth to pick up a new devotional...
"Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young
I'm excited to get started and to find myself again fully relying on the plans & love of Christ.
Thanks Beth!  I'll try & share my thoughts as I progress.  A rookie blogger will do her best to be transparent (enough to still maintain some basic privacy) with the journey.
Love to you
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment