Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shocking!

Two posts in one day! *GASP!*  Crazy I know, but I can't hardly believe it myself.  


Today brought two realizations for me.  The first is quite a realization - more an affirmation.  So here are they, so you're not sitting in suspense...
1.  For some reason it bothers me so intensely when people made ridiculous decisions based on illogical reasons.  "Feelings" are fleeting and often times fool us in to a place we never intended to be.  Rather than focusing on the solid reasons we know to be true, or the reasons we identify as the highest of priorities; we lean to the superficial.  So my affirmation...I get easily frustrated with stupid decisions made primarily off stupid, superficial reasons.  Like I really get frustrated (Pardon the valley girl "like").
2. I really need a buddy when I go work out -- I suck when I'm on my own.  And we're not talking just anyone... I've got a pretty stellar friend Monique.  We're pretty tight, and we've been working out together for about 3 years now (CRAZY!).  She's more than just my work out buddy, she's one of my best buds.  That aside...she is a pretty fantastic gym buddy.  She encourages me to do my best and focus - but I never feel like I have to measure up to her.  We're both just doing our own thing - but holding each other accountable to being there & following thru.  Same thing goes for running.  I don't need to compare myself to others around me - because, as my mom always says...if you're going to envy someone's life, you have to envy their WHOLE life.  And I like mine just fine thanks.


<3

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean about having someone to motivate you. When I run I always ask Balazs to go with me and help me keep the pace. Have a lovely day, darling
    Kisses

    Ps: Hope you had a chance to enter in my GIVEAWAY! You can win 5 cool art posters!

    ReplyDelete