Saturday, March 5, 2011

the quiet makes me think

it's true...the quiet of my house when Isaac isn't around always makes me think.  so honestly sometimes I come up with things to do to keep me from being at home.  because some of the time i don't really want to think all that much.  this week is definitely one of those times where i don't want to think too much, i don't want to give my brain the opportunity to start ticking away.  why you may ask?


because a lot of the time it doesn't think very nice things about me....a good portion of the time it(being my brain) thinks i'm missing something, lacking here, too large here and there, etc.


here's the thing though - even though i don't always like what my brain is thinking about, sometimes i need to hear it. i need to have a real picture of what is going on, where i'm at, what i'm doing -- and i can't just let myself build up these superficial walls to protect myself from...myself. it's just silly.


i'm trying to be in control of my thoughts - and learning how to sift thru the thoughts that worthy and those that are not.
so i'm committed to sitting with my thoughts from time to time and deciphering which are valuable & which are not.  but one thing is for sure no matter what thoughts play such a big role in each of our lives.  
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment