Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Normal Life

So here's the deal when it comes to me... I am not crafty.  I'm an ok cook.  I hate cleaning bathrooms.  I'm not a fashionista.  I'm not a fan of BS.  I'm not a photographer, I don't edit photos. I don't work at a magazine.  I don't have an etsy shop.  I'm not on pintrest. And I don't have a formspring.  I don't live & die by Twitter (only ck it 2 times a day??)
What does that leave then?


What's left is...me.  Oldest daughter. Big sister. Wife. Auntie. Believer.  I love to eat.  I sometimes love to work out.  I need a buddy when I go to the gym.  I hit the husband jackpot (hubby is spending his break cleaning out/organizing our office!). I love "reality" TV.  I like planning future trips.  I love enjoying fashion.  I have great friends.  I really enjoy the occasional lazy Sunday, curled up on my couch with my blanket.  Driving with my windows down & music loud is my perfect summer activity.  I love being in Ocean Shores.  Genealogy makes me happy. Hawaii, with a book & the sound of the ocean takes me to my happy place.  I love the way old books smell.  I want to decorate our entire office with retro Hawaiian photos & a big comfy chair.  I'm nervous about giving birth (*disclaimer...NOT pregnant FYI!). I still worry that I don't fit in with my inlaws; or that I ever will feel that comfort.  I love reading historical books.  


Does all that stuff still make me "cool?"  But really....who cares about being cool?  I sometimes still struggle with it (ex: comparing myself to one of my dear friends, who is a work out fiend!).  I'm doing my best to be true to myself, identify my strengths and ignore that part of my brain that tries to compare.  It's a never ending process it seems. But mostly I'm thankful for a Lord who is forgiving, grants PEACE, gives never ending MERCY, and is ALWAYS by my side.  There's nothing better than that.
Love to you
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment