Wednesday, May 5, 2010

With You I Am Well Pleased

Confession -- I struggle with seeking approval from others.

Not saying that I would categorize myself as a "people pleaser" per-say.  But that in every situation, group, in my family, in my extended family, etc. I want to be approved of and/or be a part of that group.  This is something that I can see in myself looking back my entire life.  There was always an air of insecurity when it came to owning who I am, what I bring, how I contribute, etc.  It's always backed by a weakness to compare.

And Satan is so devious in this area of my life.  He finds that crack and just twists and turns within it to make it bigger and bigger, and more and more painful.  It has bred so much pain, hurt, mis-understanding, and quiet internal strife.  I hate that part of my struggle....  Because intellectually I know what I bring, who I am, and how I contribute; but I run in to trouble when I let down my guard around my heart in that area and rely on the lies being whispered in my ear.



"And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son [Daughter], whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Mark 1:11(modification by me).
I am pleasing in the sight of the Lord.  I am loved by the Lord.  I am an heir to the throne.  That is where my definition lies.  That is where I should/will find my value.  I will trust that God placed in me gifts and wisdom that are needed in the specifics groups He has me in at this stage in my life.  My value is in Him, through Him, because of Him.  He sees me as well-pleasing...He approves
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment