Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy Saturdays + Lazy Sundays = Tired Mondays!

My weekend was very full - spent most of Saturday working at the Keizer Young Life garage sale.  So much stuff was laid out, and at 8am there were plenty of people sifting through the knick knacks, clothes, furniture & more!  But all in all, it was a success & God was good!  Even despite a week of location change (Thank you Church on a Hill for opening your gym to us!) people showed up to show support for KYL and sending kids to camp!  I may have even missed a small calling in wholesale furniture sales!  I was moving junk left & right!  Then I ventured over to Geer fields to support my hubby & his JV Saxon team in their game against NSHS.  They didn't win -  but at least they weren't playing in the rain.  I actually got to spend a bit of time with one of the kids' moms who I really like.  Saturday afternoon came with small house projects, dinner at home, and seeing "The Back Up Plan" with Jennifer Lopez.
Ok...I know one shouldn't go into a Jennifer Lopez movie expecting very much...but this was a little over the top to say the least.  I don't think I would recommend anyone to go see it.  Not that funny for the most part, and there were definitely a couple parts that were extremely unnecessary (read...inappropriate). 

But Sunday came - the hubs and I grabbed breakfast at the best place in town, OPH - did a couple more errands around the house (we have a Japanese teacher staying with us on Wednesday night...Mr. Uji -- or Ujisan as Isaac refers to him), then caught a ride w/ the folks down to First Christian Church to be at church with Grandma Jewel for an early Mother's day celebration.  I have to admit we were quite the site - our family alone took up about 4-5 rows in the balcony.  What can I say...we have a large family!  Church was followed by lunch at The Willamette Grille which was really nice and fun to be together.  But the highlight of my day was a much needed nap on the parent's couch with the little babies (Jock & Ellie -- my parents' mini-daschunds).  It was so sweet.

Overall a relaxing and full weekend... But definitely makes me tired today & long for another weekend! Wish they were longer!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment