Thursday, May 27, 2010

Be Sure To Thank A Veteran

The time has almost arrived for me to head to San Diego to pick up the little brother from
Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
This is the building where my brother has been serving our country by caring for other military service men & women for the last 2 years.  We'll be driving back home Sunday where he'll get about a week & a half of leave.  After that he & my mom are headed back out on the open road - with Norfolk, Virginia as their final destination.
Allan (aka Alli-babah) received his orders about a month ago to report for duty aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN 71.
I am proud of my little brother for his voluntary service to our nation.  He is such a noble, humble young man.
And for that matter - I'm incredibly grateful for my parents, who also both served this nation voluntarily - my dad specifically, who served in & during Vietnam, and also during the first Gulf War.  My father served as a Chief Warrant Officer 4 in the United States Marine Corps, handling the electrical for many jets, helicopters, etc.  My mom served as a Gunnery Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps as a dispersing clerk.  They both served and loved the military and how it changed/shaped their lives. Both my mom & my dad are proud of their service and love the Marine Corps and our nation more than words.
Their decisions to join and serve our nation have drastically impacted myself & my little brother - we are both so proud of parents and often don't even have the right words to express our gratitude to them for all that they did and continue to do.  


Don't forget to thank a veteran and any active duty soldier you know or encounter! They have sacrificed much for the freedoms we enjoy and often take for granted.  Whatever your opinion - they make a choice and make a difference, and for that - deserve our respect.

So say shake a hand, look them in the eye (they'll appreciate it), and sincerely thank them for all they have done.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment