Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Day of Nothing

Yesterday was one of those days where I stayed in my pj's all day & just relaxed.  I know that might sound a bit odd to stay in your pajama's all day; but I needed it.  I needed a day where I had no commitments - no expectations to live up to.  It was glorious.

And my studly husband has gotten the first set of posts up for our pergola.  What a blessing to be married to such a handy man.  And not only is he handy... but he is incredibly creative as well.  There are about 5 walls in my home that are graced with his artwork.  And he is absolutely musically inclined - blessed with a keen ear, a sweet & tender voice, and the ability to pick up virtually any instrument & play.   He's recently been playing back up guitar in the worship band at church.  But today...today he led worship and it was so sweet.  We sang songs that I normally am not a huge fan of - but with a sweet turn on them they sounded new - refreshed.  I don't say that simply because he is my husband - but because it is true.  After the service we were stopped about every 15 feet by people, young & old thanking Isaac for playing and telling him how much they enjoyed his playing.

That's something Isaac has a hard time taking - He and I have had so many conversations about why he has such a hard time taking a compliment from someone about something he does.  Particularly when it comes to his music.  He is incredibly gifted and it has really only been until recent that he has started to be comfortable with the compliments and be gracious in receiving them.

I love being married to Isaac -- I love learning new things about him every day.
Life is good :)
<3

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I love your last two sentences. :) Don't you just love lazy Sundays? They are my favorite!

    :) Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy any days are very much appreciated!! :)

    ReplyDelete