Thursday, May 13, 2010

Be Grateful

I think there is a reoccurring theme going on in my life right now...  A strong pull and calling to be grateful.
To stop searching and digging for the minute detail that is out of place - because all that really boils down to is me being controlling, seeking absolute perfection, etc.  And let's just be honest here...that's so exhausting. 

In my small group last night we were talking about the characteristics of shame that we have seen in our "family of origin" and how they played out.  Some of them were: control, perfection, denial, blame, disqualificaton to name a few.  It was so intriguing to really think about those characteristics and how we saw them fleshed out within our family - and then how impactful they were/are in our lives.  Out of that came a realization of how control & perfection really crushes my spirit and keeps me from experiencing all the joy and blessings that are around me.  What an awful way to live - but what a blessing to have realized.

I'm seeking to learn how to be grateful in all situations - to give thanks no matter the circumstances - and to seek out His will first.

<3

ps.... no give aways for me... but I keep registering for Dave Ramsey's $1,000 giveaway for the month of May...ya never know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment