Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thank Goodness I'm Not 12 Anymore!

Can I just get an amen from everyone that it feels so good to be finished with the drama that encompassed your life when you were in middle school?!  Goodness...
I'm leading Wyld Life (Young Life ministry for middle schoolers) for a group of 6th grade girls... and let me tell you, it pushes me incredibly to the feet of Jesus.  It's incredibly clear that anything I say will be fruitless - unless I am leaning on His understanding, stepping back and letting him move thru me.  It broke my heart yesterday to have 3 girls sitting on my couch, tears welling up in their eyes speaking of how desperately they want to be themselves but are so fearful that they won't be accepted or understood.  Inside I was screaming JESUS! HE LOVES YOU! HE KNOWS WHO YOU REALLY ARE & LOVES YOU ALL THE SAME!  IT'S JESUS THAT IS ALWAYS THERE! 

But I didn't scream this out loud, I waited on His timing, and brought about scripture as they seemed to fit.
What a scary place to be, to be fearful of being yourself and expending so much energy is trying to hide who you are and what your life is really like.  That is so much for a young 12 year old to deal with.  How burdensome...

Jesus...would you guide me, show me how to love these girls, give me eyes to see them as you do, and a peace knowing that You are in control of all.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment