Friday, May 21, 2010

Rain In May... Oh Oregon

I'm typing this sitting at my desk at work - likely one of about 6 people left in the entire building on a Friday afternoon.  Normally that would be due to the bright sun beckoning everyone out to play.  But today (and the last week & the next week likely) I think it's because every one is at home wrapped up in a cozy blanket, a warm drink in hand, relaxing on a comfy couch.  It feels more like early February than the end of May. 

High school baseball & softball playoff games have been canceled -- the local Keizer Iris Festival Tent is obviously more than damp -- and people around town are wearing their rain jackets rather than capris, shorts, or skirts. 


For most people this would be outrageous weather - particularly for May.  And while I can agree a bit that it might be a bit much for this time of year; I am more inclined to be thankful for the rain.  I'm a fan of the cooler weather (not freezing though mind you) and a good ol' wind storm from time to time.  So I say... be thankful for it while it lasts!  Because once that Oregon summer heat makes its appearance, more people will be yearning for this weather!
Soak it in folks.... Soak it in!

<3

1 comment:

  1. we are having the same weather in cali.

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete