Monday, May 17, 2010

Upcoming Hobby

As I mentioned earlier - my wonderful hubby Isaac is re-doing our backyard.  And I'm pretty excited to enjoy it this summer.  Sitting on the deck, eating dinner, entertaining, and.... gardening!  Who would have thought...me, a burgeoning gardener.  I never thought it myself - but for some reason I'm actually looking forward to it.

I'm not sure what veggies, if any, we'll be able to plan that late in the season (Isaac is hoping to have the backyard done by the end of June) but we'll see.  Maybe this year is just about getting it set up and ready.  Then next year we start the growing!  So while he does the heavy lifting for the time being - I'm going to start doing my research about what our options are... Have to figure out veggies and/or flowers that love the sun.  Isaac is fitting in a planter box on the east side of our yard - so it gets a lot of sun through out the day.  We'll see what comes out!

Let the studying begin!! :)
Oh yeah... and the gardening!!

<3

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun hobby! I wish I had a yard and could have a garden. I've been thinking about planting some herbs and putting them on the balcony. Oh, apartment life.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valerie! In my studying so far I've come across a couple of really cute potted herb gardens! There's plenty of options! :)

    ReplyDelete