Monday, January 24, 2011

Ho Hum

This weekend was jam packed full - from the moment I got off work on Friday until 9pm last night. I was going going going.  I'm not complaining too much because a couple of times in there I got to spend quality time with great girl friends & our husbands.  But that aside I'm pretty tired now that I look back.

I didn't really utilize the weekend the way that I normally do - which is to re-charge & prepare for the coming week.  Mostly this didn't happen of my own accord (I volunteered to work the bridal show on Sunday rather than taking that day off), so it's mostly my fault. 
Now couple that tiredness with an all together uncomfortable (for me anyway) situation & conversation that took place between Isaac & myself.  Confession -- there is one situation in our marriage that makes me entirely uncomfortable and often times I try to avoid it.  I shouldn't. It's part of our marriage, it's a part of him and needs to paid attention to.  But for some reason I just don't want to....bad huh?!  Makes me feel like an awful wife to be quite honest.  Sure I know a lot of people don't dive quite this deep about their relationships/marriages on their blog.  But right now I feel like this is the only safe place for me to "verbalize" it.  I don't know how to change or modify that part of me that avoids this - or even how to change my mindset around it, or how to even begin to modify it.  It's so frustrating & borderline humiliating for me - like what is my issue, what is my problem, what's with the wall?!  I don't want this to be an issue for the rest of our marriage.......

That said...I'm in a definitely ho-hum mood right now.  Don't want to hang with my niece this afternoon, definitely don't want to go to the gym for Zumba (but I still will...made a commitment), and sadly don't want to be around or talk to anyone...
Trying to lean on the Lord and seek wisdom -- well, at this point I'm just being silent & trying to listen as best I can.
How do you maneuver thru these frustrations & walls in your relationships/marriages?
Any & all insight is welcome!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment