Monday, January 10, 2011

She was our Jewell...

Grandma Jewell, me, & Grandpa Pat at graduation - June 2008

My heart is heavy and my eyes are tired. 
Late Friday night brought some extremely depressing & shocking news.
My Grandma Jewell passed away suddenly in her childhood home here in town.

It is beyond crushing for our family - she was the rock & matriarch of our ginormous family.
My dad is definitely rocked - though tough on the outside, I know on the inside he's breaking.
My grandpa is completely heart broken - he loved her with all his heart & soul, they were the best of friends. I've never seen him cry in my entire life, but last night that changed.

She loved and supported our family no matter what, in the good times, in the bad times & in every hard time.  There was a constant security knowing no matter what happend, Grandma Jewell would always be there to love you.  Though she wasn't perfect, she was a pretty amazing Grandma & Great-Grandma.

I'm going to forever miss her.
It's just exhausting....and this is going to be a never ending week.
<3

ps. Gran is doing better though -- sat in a chair yesterday for an hour! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh Im so very sorry,sweetie
    You and your family are in my thoughts.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete