Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Family First

Story of my life right now.  Between figuring out my place with Isaac's family, my brother being home & making time in my schedule to make weekly trips up to Washing to be with Gran - my life is family family family.

It's a good thing too I'm not complaining by any means.  I'm happy that I have been blessed to work with my mom who makes me available to go to Washington & miss work on Fridays, so that I can play my part in helping Gran get well. (Throw up some prayers & good thoughts for her...she's battling, and the nursing staff seem to be getting a bit lazier...)   I'm happy to get to spend time with my little brother while he's home - I'm always impressed by him each time we're together.  He grows up a bit more every time he comes home.  And I'm trying to figure out how to fit in to Isaac's family - where I fit, how I let myself shine thru in an incredibly different environment.  
It was good to be in Hawaii over Christmas & see Isaac with his family, in his "natural environment" he says.  And I had a good time - though there were small times of struggle or mis-understanding. I know it'll take time find my place and for everyone to get used to me, and I them.  I guess I'm not that patient, and perhaps this is teaching me to be patient, content & to trust the relationship & family that Isaac & I are building.  It'll be a transition period as everyone, Isaac & I included, gets used to us as a family, as a unit.  There will be misunderstandings here & there - but I need to trust in Isaac & his protection of our "family."

So tomorrow afternoon I'm off to Washington to be with Gran - like I said, please throw up some prayers & good thoughts for her.  She's a stubborn Norwegian which is good for us, so I know she'll be ok! Thanks friends!
<3 

2 comments:

  1. I bet with time you will get all comforable with Isaac's family! Its always hard to find the right place in a new set up! Also, Im wishing all the best to your grandmother.
    Kisses,sweetie

    Ps: I am hosting a great home decor GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers going up for your grandmother! And hopefully the road will get easier with your honey's fam!

    ReplyDelete