Sunday, January 30, 2011

Full Schedule

Phew it's been a full couple of days.  Thursday was crazy busy at work and then I made my way to Washington to be with Gran in the hospital.  boy was that ever harder than I was imagining! And definitely more tiring than I was anticipating.


As soon as I got in to town I made my way directly over to the hospital to check in with her.  She was happy to see me I could tell and was able to talk finally!  They had just gotten the trach out that day and it was the first time she had been able to speak for herself in nearly 2 months! Goodness can you even imagine not being able to express yourself clearly for so long?  It's crazy.
Friday was way more than I was expecting - I showed up at 9am and was there til 7:30pm that night with a short break in the afternoon. Talk about a ton of things happening to and for Gran that entire morning that I know just pushed her to her limits; wound care, bath, speech therapy, getting a feeding tube removed, a physical therapy attempt, and her first attempt at eating in 2 months.  I was so happy to see my mom when she get there that night.  
Then Saturday brought with it the norm of working at the bridal store - I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of things there and like I'm becoming a part of the group, which is nice.


But today -- this morning brought the best part of my weekend.  Church was so good this morning - exactly what I needed (isn't that always the best?!).  Pastor Barry was talking today about living the gospel, and being a "THERE YOU ARE!" type of person rather than a "HERE I AM!" person.  Great worship & communion  topped it all off...so perfect, so needed, and so welcomed.


Happy to be home, catching up on my trashy reality TV...life is good.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment