Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh Dear! Days of Gratitude!

Yikes! I am WAY behind on my days of gratitude! So sorry friends!  The end of last week did not go as I planned & was in a bit of slump.  Thankfully the slump seems to have been cured by a solo night in on Friday....wait...I'll share this info in my Days of Gratitude :)


Day 18 -I was thankful for a quiet night on my couch, dinner provided by Chipotle, and a cat nap that kind of made me feel like an old lady.  But I was also thankful for the relationship between Isaac & my dad -- I love how close they are, and how my dad loves Isaac as his own pretty much.  My dad's a character, and you really need patience with him sometimes.  But the two of them went to a playoff football game & got a beer afterwards.  Blessings abound in seeming them together, getting along!


Day 19 - Despite the fact that I was a royal brat to Isaac for the majority of the day - I was reminded of how much (and often) I need to be thankful for him.  He is incredibly kind & thoughtful.  And gracious....man is he ever gracious.  On a day when I absolutely deserved to be whipped with a wet noodle, the man showers me with grace.  God...are you sure you want me to be with him?? Really? God really must know what He's doing...


Day 20  - Yesterday I was thankful for a reminder in church about giving (tithing specifically) and what is/should be behind our giving -- appreciation, a spirit of sharing, and an eternal perspective.  To give with a glad heart, knowing that the Lord has everything under control -- including my finances and my earthly surroundings.


Day 21 - Today I am thankful that I have a body that is able to wake up early (though it's not always pretty....) and be active.  This morning honey Isaac & I drug our butts to our local gym and got a work out in.  Sure, we debated skipping for about 15minutes -- but wonderful husband reminded me that I made the decision last night before going to bed & that's the decision that stands.  So off we went.  Also thankful for marrying a freakin' Renaissance man!  Isaac fixed my front bumper (*note to self..do not park with curbs/etc in front of me...) after we got home from the gym. He's pretty freaking awesome.


I can't believe the end of November is around the corner & that Christmas will be here literally in a matter of weeks.  Crazy how the year always seems to fly by.  I'm convinced it does so at a much faster pace with each passing year.  But it's always good to be reminded of how much we each have, how much we each can share, and how much we each are in need of the Savior born in a humble way.  That is what I'm most looking forward to with the upcoming Advent season...reminders of the quiet, gentle way that Christ came in to the world He would later save.


Happy Monday friends!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment