Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Days of Gratitude - Day 15 & 16, 2011

Day 15 - Yesterday I was reminded how thankful I am to have such wonderful, quality girl friends.  I know I've said it here a few times before.  But yesterday I was yet again reminded at the greatness of my friends.  Although I am a huge fan & lover of great fashion, but have never been able to quite pull it together for myself...I've never quite figured out how to make this fashion I love come together for me.  So when my new boots showed up I was struck with what to wear them with.  Insert my great friend Monique -- she joined me for moral support and to be an encouraging voice on a small shopping trip.  And with her help I was able to get a few pairs of pants & leggings (ps where have I been all this time on the legging front!).  Through it all, the best part was just hanging with my girlfriend.


Day 16 - Today I am incredibly thankful for my niece MacKenzie.  She is such a joy.  Probably one of the most respectful 13 year olds you'll ever meet.  And incredibly insightful & kind.  God has moved in her heart, she accepted the Lord this summer -- and it's crazy to just see how much she's changed from last spring to now.  God is good & is growing our relationship in such a great way. Love spending Wednesday evenings with that kid!


Waiting to hear on some potential football news in the next couple weeks.  Trying not to let my thoughts get ahead of me, and be thankful for our present situation.  But man it's hard some time to stay present in the moment.  But I'm also thankful for a really good, honest conversation with my mom today.  I think I was able to clearly voice my thoughts, fears, and more without feeling like I wasn't measuring up.  It was a relief....but perhaps that's a topic for another post. :)


<3

3 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for, that's for sure. I've been taking care of the ocean, fish, and turtles, and a few rays until you can join them all in Hawaii. Keep us posted on football news. You know we are fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I would love for you to follow me on http://tutusshots.blogspot.com/ and you can see all that has been going on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you MG for keeping HI together til we get there! :)
    I'll be a faithful follower from here on out!

    ReplyDelete