Monday, November 14, 2011

Days of Gratitude - Day 12, 13, & 14, 2011

Whoops! The weekend got away from me....perhaps because we had Hawaiian Feast to cook for & it was the 1st weekend post football.  Poor hubby's team lost in their 1st round playoff game on Friday night (it was an ugly game from start to finish....).  So I happily took the time away from blogging to snuggle, cook, to go to Target, and fully enjoy my husband for the first full weekend in about 3 months.  It was awesome!  But back to the series!

Day 12 - Today I was thankful for great friends, new & old to share our love for Hawaii and it's food. I was thankful for the giggles of our friend's little girls and how they shared how loud they could roar as a dinosaur.  And I was thankful for a husband who enjoys sharing our home with our dear friends!

Day 13 - Sunday I was thankful for a full morning spent sleeping in & snuggling with my husband.  And I was thankful for time to spend with my parents -- and primarily for the way that they have completely loved & accepted Isaac in to our family with ease & joy.  It's as though he as always been a part of our clan. It's a blessing to say the least.

Day 14 - Today I am most thankful for my parents & the fact that today marks their 31st anniversary.  It is an incredible feat in these days for a couple to stand together, for one another, for 31 years.  This was both their 2nd marriage and the fact that they stayed together thru thick & thin has blessed my brother & I infinitely.  So much so that it's hard to quite put in to words.  They've experienced some really hard times, times of uncertainty & pain, scary times when life seemed to be able to slip thru their fingers, and times of extreme joy & happiness.  They've given my brother & I a real, solid picture of what marriage is & can be when you stick together.  Sure they're not perfect, and never have claimed to be -- but what they have shown us is that it is worth it to work at it!  So Happy Anniversary to my wonderful parents (Greg & Amy)!
Palm Springs, Spring Break 2010

This will be our 1st week without football -- trying to help Ike adjust back to the normal routine without too much depression over the end of football.  Thankfully the big guy has something to look forward to.  He'll be coaching a team for the Tanoa Bowl -- a Polynesian bowl game for Polynesian high school students.  The goal is to get a full Polynesian team, or a team consisting primarily of Poly kids.  That'll be our New Year's Eve plans...haha But I'm proud of Isaac for taking this on. It's such a joy to watch him coach, to plan, & prepare for things like this.  He's so good at it!
Ok...that's enough boasting on my part :)
<3

1 comment: