Sunday, November 6, 2011

Days of Gratitude -- Day 5 & 6 2011

Day 5: This day I was incredibly thankful for the patience that Isaac so freely gives.  He is quite possibly the most patient man I know.  When I am on the brink of a silly, selfish bratty moment Isaac never holds it against me or throws it in my face.  He is the epitome of grace -- that man would swim thru shark infested waters TWICE to get me lemonade (I try not to take advantage of this trait too much of course). 


Day 6: Today I am thankful for the healthy, safe delivery of my little cousin Liam & for his momma.  My cousin Kayla had a moderately risky pregnancy with a few scares scattered thru out, and that was followed up with a very challenging/tiring labor.  She was in labor for about 4 hours before the doctors decided to take her in for a C-section.  Apparently little Liam had wedged himself in pretty well and wasn't going any where.  But with the help and wisdom of the great doctors he is here & they're both recovering.  It was so sweet to see my cousin & her husband Robbie & how they've changed over night.  How a little 6lb baby boy, who's name means strong willed!, can move mountains and bring the best of people to surface.  So very thankful for my ever expanding family!  And it gives me hope for the day when we start having children!


Meal planning is getting done tonight -- I think there are a couple new recipes on the agenda! 3-packet Crock Pot (quickly becoming a Parker family favorite), slow cooker potato soup, & roasted tomato soup! Mmm....I'm already excited! Not to mention HAWAIIAN FEAST on Saturday with new friends! The food that will be cooked and likely consumed will be extensive! Can't wait!
What are you all thankful for this month??
<3

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kayla and her little cutie:) What a wonderful news. Have a great day, sweetie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jealous of the hawaiian feast :)

    ReplyDelete