Monday, October 31, 2011

Blogging Bum

Yup -- that's me! The latest blogging bum!  For a multitude of reasons I have been MIA.  Lately, I'd rather be spending what precious time I do have with Isaac...darn football.  And then this weekend was spent with 4 wonderful girl friends of mine.  Though I promised to try and take photos -- true to form, I was having far too much fun to even think about it! I did bring my camera with the best of intentions.  But there's something about taking walks, random/spontaneous Zumba parties, & a nerve-wracking Stanford game that keeps a girl preoccupied.

I will say that I was reminded again of how thankful I am for the blessings of wonderful girl friends.  It's always so surprising how nice it is to just be surrounded by good friends, talking about serious things, laughing & giggling about silly things, and having a shared love of Christ to be bonded together.  A brisk 2.4mile walk in to Sunriver Village was awesome -- followed up by a cup of coffee & a quick stop at the renovated market.  There's not much that beats a girls weekend. 

And to top it all off -- this week husband has a bye for football, but of course we're going to another high school football game.  It wouldn't be fall without a football game every Friday night.  But this game is the 1st playoff game for his cousin who plays in Portland against another Salem team. So it'll be fun to sit with family, and actually enjoy a high school game with my husband! And we're likely getting tickets to the OSU/Stanford game too which will be AWESOME! Thank you Coach Souza! I pinky promise to take some tailgating/game photos! I'll even get Ike in on the action & to remind me! :)

MUST mail off scarf swap box tomorrow! Waa! Have to get a few more items for the package before I mail it, but boy it takes a lot of thinking! Hope my swap partner doesn't mind that I'm not super creative.....eek.

Have a great one friends! Glad to be back in the mix!
<3

2 comments:

  1. OK, we tailgate on 30th directly across from the stadium. Macgruder is what it's called, and we are usually right behind the Bauer Beaver bus. come join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok awesome! We have our tickets -- what time do you guys get down there? :) Looking forward to seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete