Sunday, October 2, 2011

Back In The Swing (AND 300!)

I've said it before...and truth be told, I'll probably say it again.  But I feel like I'm getting back in the swing again with my work outs!  Yesterday I didn't make it out on a long run with my running group -- but I did get out of bed at a somewhat early time and made my way to the local gym.  I hopped up on a treadmill...aka "Dreadmill" if you know me personally....and proceeded to run 4.89 miles!  Not a crazy long distance, but long enough for me to feel really good about it.  Walked away feeling pretty dang good, a small twinge of achey-ness in my left knee, but otherwise felt great.


That being said I had a slight revelation while running....I actually do like it, and I like that I can feel myself getting slightly faster & my endurance getting slightly better.  There's some power in that feeling let me tell you! Now, do I consider myself a workout junkie -- not by any means.  I'm one of those people who would just rather cozy up on my couch for a night instead of sweating it out at the gym.  But I am once again seeing & feeling the benefits of being there.  And like the old saying....I never feel worse leaving than I did going in.  
Next I need to start working in a weights regimen.  Don't want to be one of those fat-skinny people.  The only challenging part is that my schedule is a little more tight these days, and the time slots are not really lining up.  So perhaps husband dear can come up with an easy routine for me to do on my own.......we'll see :)


Side note.....this post right here marks my 300th post! Cuh-razy I know!  I can't say I would have figured myself to stick with this blogging thing this long.  But looking back at some previous posts -- and some from last year even, I can tell this is good for me.  An outlet to respectfully share my thoughts, feelings, experiences.  It's sometimes easier for me type my thoughts out then try and explain them in person.  So with that, thank you friends who read this. It's nice to know that there are friends out there who care to know. I appreciate you!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment