Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Saturday Reprieve

Every fall there is one Saturday that I look forward to -- one Saturday where there are no football plays being scribbled on scrap pieces of paper, one Saturday where I'm not waiting just to see my husband at 3pm, one Saturday when we spend every moment together doing whatever we want.  Yesterday was that day -- and it was awesome.


There weren't any grand plans on the agenda.  In fact there wasn't anything "spetacular" about the day, except for the fact that we were together for an entire Saturday.  The primarily consisted of a Saturday market visit, dropping off our dog at the groomer, grocery shopping, dinner and a quick run in to Toys-R-Us(try not to judge).  Super glamorous events I know.  But in complete honesty, nothing about yesterday sucked or was boring.  I love my husband....and without trying to sound like one of "those" wives, I would not trade him for anything or anyone.  God obviously knew what he was doing in putting us together.


I treasure that Saturday every season. It's perfectly timed -- right in the middle of the season.  It's a reminder that all the time away is worth it.  And it's a reminder that the end is near, and the partnership will be back to normal.  Football season is hard -- especially on the wives/girlfriends sometimes.  But this weekend was a reminder that I'm married to a wonderful man and through it all he loves me above football.  So I'm ok with sharing him & letting him be the best man possible as a football coach!
Love that man
<3

1 comment: