Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lazy Weekend

This weekend was a complete and total lazy weekend.  I don't tend to take these too often because as a teenager this is all I would do.  It's not a good life choice to always be a bum on the weekends....but I am a firm believer that these are needed from time to time.


So in my lazy weekend I went to the Willamette football game with my husband, had dinner with one of our friends -- and the best part of yesterday was the clay mask facial Ike & I did last night.  Yes I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of it.  But let's just say we looked awesome with our lemon mint clay masks!  Top that highlight off with a margarita and Dirty Arnie and life was good.  


These simple times together are so nice -- and so appreciated, particularly during football season.  The other thing that I realized yesterday was how much I'm looking forward to being a parent with Isaac.  We're not in the season of our life where we want to start trying now - but it is comforting to see Isaac with our friends' children and see how much he loves them that I can only imagine what our lives will be like when it's our time.  Very exciting.


Side note -- girls weekend is coming up and I can not even express how much I'm looking forward to it.  The women that I am spending the weekend with are wonderful, I trust them and know that our friendships are based on sincere trust and a mutual belief in Christ.  Can't wait to see what the weekend has in store, what conversations will come, and how God will be glorified in our fellowship! Huzzah for girls weekends! I'm thinking this will need to be a quarterly thing!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment