Monday, October 24, 2011

Girls Weekend -- RIGHT around the corner!

Since getting married I have been keenly aware of the time I need with my girlfriends.  It's totally unhealthy, not to mention un-realistic, to expect & hope for my husband to be everything that I need, all the time.  And thankfully I've got a pretty good husband who encourages the girl time. 

So with that in mind - a few weeks ago, I decided to organize a girls weekend & invited some great buddies of mine.  Two I know from the football coach crew & the other two are just great friends, one who's my best & the other is her cousin -- who I just happened to have grown up playing sports with.  All in all I am beyond excited to have a weekend away with other women who are likeminded & women that I know I can trust.  There's something about spending quality time with people who know, love, trust & challenge you.  And I'm fully intending to just enjoy this time with these friends.

Girlfriends are a blessing - so it'll be fun to see how God moves in this weekend & what He brings to the surface for us.  There aren't any plans, except for who is responsible for what meal.  Other than that it is full on relaxation mode for all of us. Maybe a couple chick flicks.  Maybe a board or card game.  Maybe a walk.  But for sure dinner out on the town on Saturday night.  It's going to be glorious!  I'll try & snap some photos of the adventures to share.  But you know me....so we'll see how I do! :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment