Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Tough Decision

I've shared before how I am a volunteer leader with a youth program where I live.  And that the reason I started leading again was for my niece....she had approached me half way thru her 6th grade year saying that she wouldn't go unless I was her leader.  To give you the entire backstory of my relationship with her and her mom (my half-sister) would take a while....and I'm afraid you'd stop reading.  So because of our history, I decided to move forward -- because honestly, she was the main focus for me.  I wanted to be able to share the goodness of the Lord, and how He had changed my life with her specifically.  It was a blessing to get more acquainted with her friends as well.  
Around this time last year, some things started to take place in our area that eventually led our team leader to step away from the ministry; which left our team with out a specified leader.  Regardless the other leaders & myself were committed to getting kids to camp in the summer.  In fact, I directly told my area director that I didn't care if I only took my niece -- that she was my entire focus.  The Lord was good, and this past summer we took about 30 kids to camp...6 who made new commitments to Christ (one being my niece!).  To say that I was excited & overwhelmed would be an understatement.  And since camp, my relationship with my niece has blossomed and grown, and the Lord has blessed us with opportunities to really share about our lives & where we God shaping us.  It has truly been a night & day change from what our aunt/niece relationship used to be.

That being said.....I feel like I'm at a crossroads.  There are things taking place, and truly things not taking place, that are causing me to reconsider my involvement.  I'm not sure how to move forward when in my gut something just does not feel right. Primarily what I'm battling is the notion that I stay involved with something while battling my internal feelings about the entire program(how it's run, where it's focused, and where it's headed...).  There's a stirring conflict inside my heart & my stomach.  And I'm not entirely sure how to approach it.  It's something that I'm definitely praying for -- and if you're of the praying mind, would you also?  Pray for discernment, pray for courage, and pray for grace.
Thanks friends.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment