Monday, August 15, 2011

A New, Shared Commitment

I am so thankful for the friends that I have -- I have the best, most supportive friends out there.  And it means the world to have a friend who supports you in the area that seems to be the one of most struggle.


The area in my life where I seem to struggle the most is my weight and confidence about myself.  No matter what I would do in the past I would always be extremely hard on myself and beat myself up.  I would try and try and try to do the "right" things, eat the "right" things, not eat the "wrong" things, etc.  But no matter what I did, I was always on my own doing it.  Which of course inevitably led to exhaustion and taking a "break" from working out.


But these days I have a friend who encourages me even on my worse days.  Encourages me to keep my chin up, and take life, and my struggle one day at a time.  To take on daily challenges instead of looking at the biggest goal way on down the road and feeling like a failure if I don't reach that right away.


Thanks to Monique we have made a new, shared commitment.  This week our goal is to do something active each day.  No matter what it is, we are doing something active.  Tonight it was Group Power (a group weight lifting class) at our local athletic club.  Tomorrow morning I'll be running in the morning and then again in the evening.
My seasonal goal right now is to lose 10-12lbs between now & Christmas break when we head back to Hawaii.  So any suggestions for a week 2 goal??


So here's to new commitments! And just to keep myself honest, I'll post my weigh in's.
Starting off at: 159lbs (yikes!)  Only direction for me is DOWN! :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment