Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's Amazing!

Seriously friends -- it is amazing how a solid 8 hours of sleep changes your entire day!  
After a tortuous Group Power class last night I got home and made a crazy thrown together dinner, got caught up on my DVR'd shows and then forced myself to go to bed at 9pm.  Now it was night one of official football practice & I probably should have waited up for hubby to get home.  But I had a morning run on my agenda & knew I was going to need that extra bit of sleep if I was going to crawl out of bed at 5am.

So I pushed myself to bed, took out my contacts and crawled in to bed (wincing the whole time...damn that Group Power...makes me feel like a weak bum!).  The only time I woke up the entire night was when Isaac got home about 10pm. Other than that, it was solid sleep time.  I even woke up about 10 minutes BEFORE my alarm! Of course I lounged til about 5:10am, but then I was up and at the gym by 5:25am! Go Me!  A quick 45 min, 2.75mi run later and I was back home.

Normally I'm dead by this point in the day on days where I go to the gym early.  But today...today I'm wide awake and still going like crazy!  I've got energy & I'm not entirely sure where it's been stored all this time! Loves it!
Next on the agenda for my afternoon is a walk with my work out buddy & BFF Monique... Loving all this energy! And the sun & blue skies don't hurt either!

Do you work out in the mornings? Evenings? What's your workout routine?
<3

1 comment:

  1. i work out differently each day. or, i should say at a different time each day. i run and so if i want to take the kids i go after the afternoon naps. but, if i want to go without pushing 90 lbs, i go early in morning or evening. : ) sleep is so sweet... especially 8 hours of it! happy for you!

    ReplyDelete