Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Early Morning

Alright - this morning I got myself out of bed at 4:55am to go to my local athletic club to go to a Group Power weight lifting class.  Normally I do this class in the afternoon at another of the club's locations with two of my good buddies.  But I wanted to challenge myself, and start doing my work outs in the mornings so more of my evenings could be open to spend it with Isaac or friends.  Try to keep the evenings as flexible as possible, ya know?

Well I showed up to class, got all set up - even saw a girl from one of my old small groups.  Then it started and let me just tell you I haven't felt that weak in a LONG time! And I don't think it's because I've missed 2 weeks of my afternoon class.  I honestly think it had to do with the time of day I was doing the class.  I could barely do the weight that I normally do every other time.  Boy was that a hit to the ego! And while it was nice to be there, to get it out of the way and then start the rest of my day...I think I've decided that I want to stick with running the mornings and keeping my Group Power experiences to my afternoon class.  Plus it's nice to do that type of class with a friend, who will encourage & push you to go harder.  And that's what my buddy Monique does.  She is such an amazing encouragement and friend -- I hope that I do the same for her.
So moral of the story - I do not recommend doing a weight lifting class in the wee hours of the morning unless you are ENTIRELY awake!  Bad things could happen....or you'll end up just feeling like a weak loser. ;)
<3

1 comment:

  1. i am so energy-less in the mornings...i've tried to be a morning runner and i can't do it!

    ReplyDelete