Friday, February 4, 2011

crummy start...wishing for some frivolity

I have to say that this has by far been the worst start to a new year that I have ever had.  From the very beginning of the month to the absolute end - January 2011 has been the most awful month for myself & my family.  
The reason for my absence as of late...My dear sweet Gran passed away on Tuesday. She was the strongest, most independent (definitely where my mom gets it from), comforting person I knew.  She had been in the hospital for over 2 months - something that I know just killed her, when it finally became clear that she wasn't going to be able to go back to her beloved cabin at the beach.  So Tuesday morning I raced from home to Olympia, WA to be with my mom, aunt & cousins as we let Gran go dance with Poppy.  By far this has been the hardest week I have experienced in quite a while.  One week ago I was sitting with her in the hospital visiting and talking about getting back to the cabin.  I am so glad that I could be there as she passed and be there to support her when she supported me my entire life.

She was a great Gran -- always supported and encouraged us, and let us crash at the cabin when we need to recover. I'll miss her...





With all this going on I need some frivolous things to take my mind off of it all.  I need some silly, I need some laughter, I need some thing to look forward to for Valentine's Day...any & all suggestions welcome!  My heart is hurting so I need something help distract myself a bit because otherwise I think I'll just crumble.  In fact, I know I'll crumble...
<3

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad for you :( That picture is wonderful. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete