Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Expectations

It's always seemed to be a struggle for me to manage my expectations - or to release myself from the expectations that I think others have for me.  It's been such a challenge battling those demons that sometimes I feel like I don't know who I am - what I love to do - what I dream of doing.  Oy vei...that's a sad statement as I read back over it.  Maybe it's because I haven't allowed myself to try enough different things in my life -- or maybe it's because I'm scared of failing.  Yeah...always nervous about that whole failure thing. 


How sad -- our God isn't about fear...  I'm looking forward to learning how to trust myself, trust the plan and specifically look for the ways that God is blessing me & moving.  That's a challenge for sure...but I might as well try, right??


On a side note - found out what our tax return is for this year -- definitely happy about that! And looking forward to using half of it to put towards Isaac's school loan.  We'll be knocking out almost a quarter of what is left on that! Hallelujah! In no time at all we'll be debt free! So awesome!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment