Monday, February 7, 2011

Surrounded by Love

I know I've mentioned this before - but this has been an incredibly difficult time for my family.  But even in the midst of all of that chaos one thing has rung true through it all...I am surrounded by love.


This entire weekend I saw how people around me & my family love, care, & support us.  It was nice to be encouraged and supported at work on Saturday.  It was nearly overwhelming how many ladies came Saturday night to my mom's house - we all gathered together to eat, drink wine & share fond memories of our mothers.  My mom wanted to do this to honor everyone that has supported her & our family during everything.  I have to say this was the best thing I've been a part of in a while. We had family there with us - girl friends of my mom - ladies we know from work.  Just a wonderful picture of the people of our lives.


And Sunday was spent with Isaac...at church, running errands, napping on the couch, and watching the Super Bowl with my parents.  Probably the most low key Super Bowl - but perfect for all of us.  I was just so thankful that my parents and I still have a very tight relationship & that they are so supportive of & love Isaac as well.  It's a blessing for sure how well we all get along.


So in preparation for Wednesday's service & events to remember Gran...I'm going to do my best to hold on to the feeling of being surrounded by love. I'll need it for sure.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment