Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What to do...What to do....

I'm facing a small internal battle right now...
And this is where my adult sensibilities are battling against my juvenile wants.
I've mentioned before that my girlfriends & I are signed up for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in a month in San Francisco.  I did this last year and had a blast -- it was such an accomplishment for me (as a short round Norwegian woman, not typically built for running, much less racing).  I was so proud to have that Tiffany & Co. necklace - and it was such a treat to complete it with a great friend!

Here's the battle....with the recent car accident and consequent need to make a new car purchase, the financial picture in the Parker household is on lock down.  We're trying to be super smart with how we spend/save our finances and are putting funds aside for an impending shortfall from Ike's paycheck. 
I really want to go to San Francisco and complete the half marathon again (we've been training since April) but the financial picture does not really mesh with it right now unfortunately.

So do I stick with the adult sensibilities or give in to my juvenile desires and just throw everything to the wind?! What's a girl to do...

<3

1 comment:

  1. That's a tough decision. I hate worrying about money and just wish we all had enough to do what we want and live comfortably! Is there a marathon closer to home that you could compete in instead? Sorry you're dealing with this. Good luck with your decision!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete