Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quality People

I am admittedly not a "girls girl."  I've never quite clicked with most girls -- perhaps it's because I don't like to participate in the drama, or it's because I don't really do surface friendships well.  Honestly if I don't easily connect with other ladies or can't easily/quickly find some base common ground, it doesn't typically end with deep long lasting friendships.


Something I'm not terribly proud of - but at this point in my life I'm not in to faking it with people.  The people I want to surround myself with are people of quality and of good character.  And I know it might sound crazy, but I have a pretty strong & accurate gut feeling/reaction about people.  It's easy for me to dial in quickly to the real situation -- and often times I don't get the "quality person" vibe.


Here's what happens....I don't spend time with those people, with people I don't jive with.  And honestly, I'm not about to feel bad about that.  Is that terrible??
What are your thoughts about this whole post?
<3

2 comments:

  1. there is NOTHING terrible about that at all. if we can't be honest in our friendships, we're setting ourselves up for failure in the future. there's no use faking something that just isn't there. I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but there's nothing wrong with just NOT getting along with people.

    I can count on one hand the number of GOOD friends I have, and I'm not one to get super close to everyone I meet because quality is much more important than quantity. those good friends I have are those that will be there forever, and it's the best feeling in the world to know you have that with another person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm definitely not a girls girl. I'm more of a guy in a girl's body. I don't do drama and surface friendships are for losers.
    Some of my girl colleagues ate work get all offended when I tell them I go there to work, not to make friends (and just can't stand gossip!! I hate that! It's so unethical - not to mention that I couldn't care less abt their lives). Sometimes I feel like these "girly girls" must have pretty boring lives, you know...



    mustbeliberating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete