Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My New Adventure/Challenge

I recently was invited to join my dear friend Monique to an introductory class with Bible Study Fellowship (or BSF...interested, check them out here).  I've heard about BSF before, and know plenty of people who been involved & loved the challenge and focus of it.  It's an intensive, 8 year plan to go thru 8 specific books of the Bible, each cycle focusing on one book.  It's purely study - you have daily study, meet weekly for a lecture, small group sharing, and fellowship.  There isn't much time for gabbing....in fact it's generally not allowed to discuss anything that isn't directly focused on the material for that week.  In the past I wasn't able to go as the women's gathering is on Monday nights & I always had YoungLife club to be at.

Well I've been one night and am already totally hooked!  The women seem wonderful, I truly enjoy that we sing hymns(my little heart's love), and I am especially liking that we come back together for a short lecture time.  And I also think it's pretty cool that anyone & everyone actively doing BSF are all studying the exact same thing.  Very cool.

The daily studying is something I've been yearning for.  The hard line Bible focus itches that academic scratch I have.  And being around other women of all ages, walks, denominations meets my need to be in community.  All in all it's something that seems to be perfectly planned/timed for where I am in life presently.  Amazing how God works and the way that He plans things to come together.
Have you ever participated in BSF?  What did you like/dis-like about it? Any tips or thoughts?  Are you currently participating? Where are you in the journey?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment