Monday, September 12, 2011

Counting My Blessings

Alright -- I've decidedly made it through the 1st two weeks of the football season.  Despite my complaints in my last post, I have survived.  And I believe this year I've survived more so because I wasn't afraid to tell those around me that I was lonely, or needed a friend, or needed any excuse to get out of my house.  Swallowing my pride this year definitely made the difference in keeping me from becoming a self-loathing, pity party loving, annoyingly depressing woman.  I'll have to remember this for next year and get a better jump on it!

But out of those two weeks I have yet again gained a perspective of how wonderful the people around me are.  How incredibly giving and loving they are.  How they care about who I am & more importantly, how I'm doing.  I only pray that I am able to offer this in return to them when they need this encouragement.
I'm moving back in to my running routine with the help of the fabulous "Running Aunties" I'm blessed to know.  I'm blessed to have spent some quality time with AnneMarie -- who's husband is the head coach for my husband's football team.  She is quality, and I so appreciate the real-ness that she brings to every situation, no sugar coating, no BS -- just real life AnneMarie.  I'm blessed with some of the very best girl friends out there.  Like Mo who invited me over for dinner last night with her & her husband (whom I lovingly call Yearbster).  We haven't had much time to connect recently and it was absolutely worth the 15 minute drive to her house to eat together, visit, and of course get the obligatory frozen yogurt!

And most of all I am blessed with a husband who loves what he does, seeks to include me in all areas of his life & passions, and loves me to the moon and back (and I love him the same as well).  I know he's been working like crazy these last few weeks, and with two hard losses on the books he's been putting in over time to try and best prepare the other staff and the players.  So I wanted him to know how much I appreciate his dedication...I bought the man a round of golf at our local course to have an afternoon of relaxation & decompressing.  Boy I'll tell you -- there is nothing better than the purity of a grateful smile and sincere hug.  He was elated when I handed him that certificate (which I'm sure he'll be using this weekend while I'm out of town!).  It is such a joyous feeling to bring joy to the ones you love.

I'm letting go of that negative attitude from my last post.  I'm passing on the negative ranting & raving of football.  I'm moving away from pouting.  Instead I'll count my blessings, I'll be thankful for evenings on the couch together -- even if they do include breaking down film.  I'll be thankful for football games together on Saturdays -- even if they are our "date night" activity.  I'll be thankful for a man who diligently wakes up every day to go to work (without complaint), who cares deeply for his students & his players, who strives for excellence in all that he does, and longs to be an image & ambassador for Christ in all areas of his life.

Those are just a few of my blessings -- for which I'm giving all praise to the Lord above.  For nothing comes to us without first sifting this HIS hands.  He knows the plans he has for us...."plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
<3

2 comments:

  1. Being a coaches wife is not easy, but I see you will handle it with love and grace. That's who you are. If you need an "old bag" to mix it up a bit, holler, and we can pour away some of your woes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MG -- I will DEFINITELY remember that!

    ReplyDelete