Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kindness

A few weeks ago I was at a reception here in Oregon for a long time friend who recently had gotten married.  Truth be told -- growing up the two of us could not be separated.  Ryan and I were two peas in a pod & did everything together.  Of course over the years, and with the introduction of high school, we slowly lost touch.  But being at his party, meeting his new wife, and talking like no time had passed reminded me that old friends can still be good friends.

As we were talking he asked if I had an sage words of wisdom....I chuckled and reminded him I've only been at this a little over 2 years.  But shared with him that one of the best pieces of advice we received when Isaac & I married was from his mom.  And it was simply to remember to be kind to one another, in all situations.  Simple right?

Isaac & I had a long conversation last evening about a particular situation he's in/experiencing right now; and how he's battling against frustration.  The only thing I could think of to say to him is to stand by his convictions, and to remember to be kind.  It's amazing how a little kindness can so further than you'd expect.  
So friends, shall we try to go out of our way and be more kind to one another? I think a lot more would get accomplished, and people will likely feel better about themselves & their situations.
<3

2 comments:

  1. Please print or save this page for your records. You will also receive a receipt via email.




    Walgreens
    5000 River Rd

    Keizer, OR, 97303
    Near: River & Chemawa





    Store Info

    Mon-Sun: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm



    Store details & map




    very sweet post. Isaac is one of the kindest individuals I know. Being kind goes so far..people won't remember your name, where you were, but they will remember how you treated them. Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, i like this simple advice, it's applicable everywhere I think :) thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete