Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sleep Deprivation

Let me start off by acknowledging that I in no way really know or have experienced sleep deprivation (i.e. moms to newborns, military, nurses/doctors, etc).  

That being said, the last three nights of sleep that I have gotten have been terrible. Just terrible.  And the primary culprit to said terrible sleep....my lovely husband's lack of use of his CPAP machine.  I am not exaggerating when I say that he has the LOUDEST snore in the world & it is consistent...no breaks, which would give me a chance to fall back asleep. And this morning I felt like I was gonna go off the deep end!
Well about a year ago some things popped up that gave us kind of a scare, so ultimately he ended up going through a sleep study & getting a CPAP.  This isn't the CPAP of your father or grandfather's day.  This baby is small & quiet (I reckon it sounds like a wave machine).  And it changed the way we live & sleep!  I compared it to a miracle in our marriage after the first couple nights.  Have someone in your life who snores like a bear or can fall asleep literally anywhere at any given time?  They may want to check out the CPAP/sleep study; it'll change your lives!

So here's the dilemma...when Isaac doesn't sleep with the CPAP on he snores & snores & snores...and I can't sleep, thus becoming a major B-face.  I am not exactly the easiest/nicest person when I'm really tired and am trying to sleep with no avail.  It got bad this morning, but lucky me I married one of the most patient & understanding men out there.  Despite my outburst of pure exhaustion, Isaac didn't get upset with me at all...let me go back to sleep while he got up & started getting ready and simply hugged & kissed me when he left.  Oy...talk about guilty conscience! 

How do you handle interruptions to your sleeping patterns?!
<3
Thankful for a quiet office this afternoon....I need a slight break from people

2 comments:

  1. Why isn't he using his CPAP anymore? I am sorry you haven't been sleeping well. My husband doesn't really snore that bad, but I have a hard time sleeping when he does.

    I am a horribly light sleeper. The dog moving around at night wakes me up. Very rarely do I get a full nights' sleep (I think God is preparing me for when we have children).

    I really have no suggestions. Lack of sleep is horrible. Caffeine and good healthy eating is the only thing that helps me stay normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well he has a hard time using it when he's sick - and he's just starting to get over his cold. But I think tonight it's back at it! Otherwise we may start having major issues!
    I love your thoughts though - I already started apologizing to Isaac for what I may be like when we have kids!

    And I definitely had 2 cups of coffee this morning & heading out for a run after work, hoping to tucker myself out, so I just pass out! :)

    ReplyDelete