Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sickness Makes You Stop

There's nothing like being sick to make you come to a complete stop....  Urgh.

But a benefit to being stopped in my tracks is that I am forced to think and rest, and think and rest, and think and rest.   So I've been thinking a lot already - and it's only 9:00am.  Here are some thoughts that have bubbled to the surface:
1.  God is soo good.  He works in a sometimes confusing way, but in the end it all comes together perfectly (why wouldn't it though...He's God).  Ex: me w/ wyldlife...just when I'm thinking what the heck did I get myself in to, God brings out a desire in some of those 6th grade girls to meet together and talk about that really great God.
2.  My husband is an outright stud.  Not just in the general meaning of "he's a stud."  But he's absolutely the most amazing man I have ever come across.  He is incredibly loyal, kind, focused, talented, family focused, and loves Jesus.  Thank you God for bringing us together -- we are better together than I think we were on our own.
3.  Though I may not always enjoy my job - I do enjoy getting things accomplished and feeling like I am a part of something bigger than myself.  I value that my job enables me to step outside myself and focus on getting things done for others.  I think it's important to not think of one's self as the most important person in the world -- I just find it hard to believe that everyone cares to know EXACTLY what I'm doing, ALL the time.
4.  I'm starting to not be so concerned with what others think of me.  Even though it's a slow, and sometimes painful, process...it's one I'm willing & have to go thru.  I guess that's part of growing up.
5.  The life Isaac & I are creating is one that I am so excited about.  We're making choices to be financially set for our future children, we're making choices that are creating an environment that will be warm & welcoming, and we are making choices to surround ourselves with those who are like minded and/or respect/value how Isaac & I are choosing to live.
6.  Reality has hit me that in order to really enjoy the life that Isaac & I are creating - I have to take care of myself.  On all fronts.  Now is the time to take care of our lives - rest, healthy eating, exercising, vitamins, balance in our choices, etc.

Just a couple of things running thru my brain as I'm at home....
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment