Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Motivation and Running Shoes

I love the Biggest Loser.. it is so motivating and encouraging.  Definitely pushes me to want to be more serious about my health and how I care for myself.  Sure - I drop the ball a lot of the time, but I guess the biggest lesson to be learned is to keep moving on, keep moving forward.  So I'll see what I can do about that!
And one way I'm going to be doing that - is getting back to the running ladies!  We're putting in our names again for the Nike Women's Half Marathon for this October.  So to get back in to running mode - I'm going to have to start now...a solid 6 months head of time to be fully ready & prepared.  But I'm looking forward to it... as MoMo & I describe it, those are our b***h sessions.  Not always, and not for the full time.  But there's something about running outside (rain or shine might I add...) and being with a great girl friend and being able to just spit out whatever comes to mind; that way you're not suppressing it internally.  Plus it helps build a foundation of things to talk about on those long runs & especially during the big race.  Though I have to admit, there were lots of long periods of time where we didn't talk -- just rhythmically moved along to the beeps of our watches telling us to walk or to run.  I miss it more & more the more I talk about it....so here I go!  Time to bust out my running shoes & watch again!

That being said...is anybody reading this?  Hmm..maybe I'm just shooting thoughts out in to the ether here.  And that's ok too - happy to just have an avenue to let loose those random thoughts.

Oh & by the way...this being Holy Week & all...we're having a Good Friday service at church this week at 7pm if you want to join.  And then I'll be at the 9:30am service on Sunday for Easter if you want to join! Would love to see you and celebrate with you - plus we can jam together while my hubs plays on the worship team !  New Harvest Church on Portland Rd -- come join me!
<3

2 comments: