Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coming Into My Own

I'm starting to feel like I'm coming into my own.  And last night at my small group - I could really feel that, for the first time in a long time.  I so value that group and the two women who "lead" us.  The wisdom & fun that each woman brings is awesome.  And honestly, for a long time I felt like I didn't quite fit...at all.  But ya know what, that's ok.  I bring something different.  My value within that group is just different -- not less than, not unworthy...different.  We read thru I & II Peter and there were a couple things that stood out plainly & clearly to me.
  "The end of all things is near.  Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.  Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." I Peter 4: 7-8
and...
  "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.  For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."  II Peter 1: 5-8

How profound to stay in the mindset that all those qualities must be built upon one another.  Obviously I can't love if I'm not even kind.  I can't be self-controlled if I don't have the knowledge to know what to be self-controlled about.  Just a little nugget I found valuable.


Giving praise today for strong friendships - for growth of other friendships - and for challenges to help me grow.
<3

1 comment: