Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Muscle Thru!

Today is one of those days where you just need to muscle thru.  Where you pick yourself up by your boot straps and keep moving forward.  I can't even begin to tell you all the things I had to, and did, check of the list this morning.  It definitely was a whirlwind by the time 11:30 rolled around.
But in the midst of all of that - I had to stop & be thankful.  Thankful for a job number 1.  Thankful for a gracious employer (aka mom) that keeps me employed.  Thankful for work that seems to be pouring in from all angles -- so much so that it's hard to keep it all straight...though we're doing our darndest!  And thankful that we know and trust that all of our hard work & long hours will be paying off soon.

And with all of that I am 100% ready to get the heck out of dodge & get to beautiful, sunny Palm Springs with my husband & family.  I'm very much looking forward to the drive down with my folks.  I think it will be a good time to just be together the three of us -- it'll be the first time since getting married.  I think they miss me...and somewhat miss the way things used to be.

I was reminded last night how much I value Isaac and the man he is.  He came home from a long, cold, wet, & frustrating baseball practice & helped me finish up the details for the WyldLife dinner/meeting at our house.  Then he kindly spent an hour with the director's kids (who happen to be our neighbors too) watching Toy Story 2.  Followed up with an incredibly kind gesture of doing the dishes while we met.  How did he come in to my life?  Where along the lines did I earn that gold star in God's book to be worthy of being with that caliber of man? He's awesome -- plain & simple.  Thank Lord for him...for his kindness & generosity...for his love.

Countdown to Palm Springs: 8 days!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment